Secretary of the Board
We are currently looking for a Secretary for our Board of Directors.Board of Directors will:
- Provide leadership, governance, and oversight to the Foundation to assure Foundation is following all laws, filing, and reporting obligations.
- Hire, advise, assist, and evaluate the Executive Directors as needed.
- Recruit & develop new Board Members as needed.
- Serve as trusted advisors to the Executive Directors as they develop and implement the Foundation’s strategic plans
- Review outcomes and metrics created by Foundation for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics
- Review agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
- Approve Foundations annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Act as an Ambassador of the Foundation by attending social events and always positively promoting and looking for connections to benefit the ReGroup Foundation, its members, and its mission. This may present in the form of businesses (as donors, employers, or purchasers of our products), other Foundations and non-profits for collaborative partnerships, colleges (for our members as students, for tutors, for grant work on properties, for internships with students to help in a variety of fields), etc…
- Executes resolutions as determined by the board.
- Adhere to the Board Member Agreement and fulfill their specific job responsibilities.
- Serve a minimum term of 1 year unless they are asked to resign due to poor performance.
* This person needs to be familiar with non profit laws, requirements, and documents.
- Oversees the staff that maintains the records of the board and ensures the safety, accuracy, and effective management of Foundation's records.
- Is sufficiently familiar with legal documents (Articles, By-laws, IRS letters, etc.) to note applicability during meetings and advise the Board.
- Will review all legal documents on behalf of the Foundation before they can be executed.
- Responsible for filing of all legal and financial documents required. Will work with President, CFO, and Executive Directors to accomplish this if needed.
- Assumes responsibilities of the President and Vice President in their absence.
- Serves as a member of committees and attends their meetings when invited and/or needed.